Tommy's are the UK's leading baby charity and exist to save babies' lives. They fund pioneering medical research into the causes and prevention of miscarriage, premature birth and stillbirth.
Want to run the LLHM for Tommy's? Click here to register your interest for 2019 *. We just ask you to commit to raising £350 in return.
*subject to permissions being granted for the event to go ahead in 2019.
Tommy's mission is to halve the number of babies that die in pregnancy or birth by 2030
Why Tommy's exist
Losing a baby is shockingly common, affecting 1 in 4 mums and dads. That’s around 250,000 families in the UK each year. The consequences of losing a baby can leave parents devastated. Tommy's wants to change this shocking statistic to help more mums and dads have a healthy baby
What do Tommy's do?
1) Tommy's fund pioneering medical research into why pregnancy loss happens and how it can be prevented. Tommy's have centres in five locations across the UK
- St Thomas’ Hospital, Kings College London: pre-term birth, diabetes, pre-eclampsia/hypertension,liver disease
- St Mary’s Hospital, Manchester University: stillbirth
- Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh University: obesity, pre-term birth & stillbirth
- Birmingham Women’s Hospital, Birmingham University: miscarriage
- Queen Charlottes, Imperial College: miscarriage
- University Hospital, Warwick University: miscarriage
2) Tommy's also provide pregnancy information to help parents-to-be have the best chance of having a healthy baby
To find out more about Tommy's work, please visit www.tommys.org