Runner Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions relate to the Local Landmarks Challenge (“LLC”)
2. The LLC is a solo virtual run that takes place from 19th March 2020 until 3rd May 2020.
How to Take Part
3. To take part in the LLC runners need to:
a. register online via at the following address: https://www.llhm.co.uk/local-landmarks
b. Run their solo LLC
c. Record their run on any tracking app, for example: Strava, Garmin, RunKeeper etc
d. Submit a picture of their solo run
4. If the runner does not have a place in the 2020 LLHM the runner will also need to pay an entry fee of £12 in order to take part in the LLC.
5. All pictures must be submitted by 3rd May 2020 for the runner to qualify for the LLC.
6. In order to claim their LLC medal runners will need to pay for the postage and packaging of their LLC medal by midnight on 10th May 2020. If the runner fails to pay for the postage and packaging of the medal by this time they will not be able to claim a LLC medal.
7. It is entirely within the discretion of LLHM Ltd (“LLHM”) whether to accept late entries and/or payment. There are no rights of redress for failing to comply with these terms and conditions.
Who Can Take Part
8. The event is open to all everyone. Runners are not required to have a place in the LLHM 2020 to take part in LLC.
9. Persons of any age can take part in the LLC. We recommend that persons under the age of 18 only take part with parental approval and if appropriate supervision.
10. Runners that do not have a place in the LLHM 2020 may request a refund of their entry fee within 14 days of receipt of the email confirming they have registered and paid for their place in the LLC.
11. All runners that purchase an iTab and/or pay for postage and packaging of the LLC medal may request a refund for the price paid within 14 days of making such payment.
12. Under no circumstances may a runner request a refund in respect of anything.
13. To request a refund please contact the LLHM on [email protected]
14. No refunds shall be provided for any donations that are made during the registration process.
The Local Landmarks Challenge
15. LLHM reserves the right to change the start and finish date of the LLC without liability to the runner. LLHM shall use reasonable endeavours to notify the runner of any change to or cancellation of the LLC.
16. LLHM reserves the right to refuse entry into the LLC if the runner has not registered for the LLC in accordance with these terms and conditions or behaves in such a way as to cause offence or be inappropriate to other runners, LLHM Ltd or Tommy’s.
17. Only runners who register and complete the LLC in accordance with these terms and conditions shall be entitled to an LLC medal.
18. The runner agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. If the runner does not agree to these terms and conditions, they may not take part in the LLC. LLHM reserves the right to change the terms and conditions from time to time. These terms and conditions were lasted updated on 17th March 2020. The runner agrees to be bound by any such modification.
19. The runner acknowledges that participation in and training for the LLC involves potentially dangerous physical activity and carries with it inherent risks and dangers which cannot be eliminated completely, which, without prejudice to the generality of this section, may include accidents, personal injury (ranging from minor discomfort to catastrophic injuries and death) and loss or damage to property due to falls, obstacles, the effects of weather, traffic conditions and the conditions of any road. By completing this form, the runner confirms that, to the best of their knowledge, they are healthy and fit to run, they understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved (including, without limitation, those risks listed above), and have voluntarily and freely chosen to assume all risks associated with training for and participating in the LLC.
20. These terms and conditions are personal to the runner and the runner acknowledges and agrees that it may not assign any of its rights or obligations. The runner represents and warrants that their place is for personal use only, that their place in the LLC cannot be donated free of charge or otherwise given away for free and that their place in the LLC is not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity. The runner’s place may not be resold or offered for resale by anyone whether at a premium or otherwise and may not be used for advertising, promotion or use as a prize.
21. Subject to clause 23, LLHM shall not be liable for any of the following: technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer/internet transmissions or other errors or malfunctions of any kind which may prevent receipt by the LLHM of the registration or photo submission form and/or payment of the entry fee or medal postage and packaging fee.
22. If at any time it is discovered that any runner should have been ineligible to participate in the LLC (or if participation in the LLC should have been refused for any reason whatsoever) LLHM reserves the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such runner to the LLC. Further, LLHM reserves the right to reject at any time any registration or photo submission form which is believed to be fraudulent or to disqualify any runner believed to have not complied with the terms and conditions from participating in any future LLC events. LLHM shall not be liable in any way to the runner as a result of any such disqualification or refusal.
23. Nothing in the terms and conditions shall affect LLHM’s liability:
a) for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of LLHM or a deliberate act or omission of the LLHM, its employees or agents;
b) for breach of statutory duty;
c) for fraudulent misrepresentation; or
d) to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited by law.
How We Use Personal Data
24. For the purposes of the data protection laws the controller of any personal data processed under these Terms and Conditions is LLHM. LLHM is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Tommy’s, a registered charity in England and Wales with registered charity number 1060508. LLHM has been set up by Tommy’s to run and manage the LLC.
28. The runners consents to LLHM sending the runner information about and in relation to the LLC, both before and after the LLC.
7.1 If any provision in the terms and conditions, whether in full or in part, is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other remaining provisions (in full or in part) shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
7.2 These terms and conditions shall be subject to the law of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
7.3 A person who is not a party to the terms and conditions has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of the terms and conditions.
7.4 The runner may not assign transfer or deal in any other manner with these terms and conditions or any of its rights under it without the prior written consent of the LLHM. LLHM may assign or transfer its rights and obligations under these terms and conditions without the consent of the runner.